Restore Our Earth: We Celebrated Earth Month with a Beach Cleanup!
We ended Earth Month in April on a high note with a community beach cleanup on April 30 to help “Restore Our Earth,” this year’s Earth Day theme, hosted by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki and Coconut Waikiki Hotel, in partnership with Surfrider Oahu.
Mahalo to all of our volunteers, Surfrider Oahu, brand partners and the city for letting us clean up Kaka`ako Waterfront Park. Our 50 volunteers collected 150 pounds of trash/debris up and down the shoreline to keep our beloved oceans, beaches and outdoors spaces clean so we can continue to enjoy them!
We encourage you to organize/participate in cleanups in your community, do your part wherever you go and remember to leave it better than you found it!
We look forward to our next beach cleanup!
Mahalo to all our brand partners for joining us and making it a special beach cleanup!
- Surfrider Foundation, Oahu Chapter (@surfrideroahu) – The Surfrider Foundation mission is to protect and enjoy our ocean, waves and beaches, for all people, through a powerful activist network. The Oahu Chapter is one of the most active of the 80 Chapters across the nation. Check out their website and sign up for their mailing list to learn how you can get involved
- Kokua Sun Care (@kokuasuncare) – Reef-safe, Hawaiian natural zinc sunscreen made with Hawaii-grown antioxidant ingredients
- Lani Shades (@lanishades) – Maker of handcrafted wood sunglasses made out of sustainable bamboo/wood, designed by and for ocean people in Hawaii. Each sale plants a tree with One Tree Planted.
- Micro Mahalo (@micromahalo) – Handmade goods using microplastics collected from beaches across Oahu! Micro Mahalo also gives back 15% from each sale to ocean + beach conservation)
- Protea Zero Waste Store (@proteazerowaste) – Hawaii’s first zero waste refill store, inviting people to do their part in taking care of our Earth through a zero-waste lifestyle.